Flood Watch Issued
Fri, Dec 8 @ 2:59pm
Flood Watch issued December 8 at 2:50PM EST until December 11 at 1:00PM EST by NWS State College PA
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE...A portion of Central Pennsylvania, including the following
counties, Columbia, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Montour,
Northumberland, Schuylkill, Sullivan and York.
* WHEN...From Sunday afternoon through Monday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- With generally dry soil conditions and near to below average
streamflows over east-central Pennsylvania, rainfall will be
largely beneficial in nature. However, with rainfall forecast
to exceed 2 inches, there may be some runoff impacts. The
threat of flash flooding is low given modest rainfall rates
less than 1 inch per hour, but some urban, poor drainage, and
small stream flood impacts will be a possibility.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood
Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared
to take action should flooding develop.
This notification was posted by West York. West York is solely responsible for this notification and unless specifically indicated, no other community or individual utilizing Savvy Citizen is sponsoring, responsible for, or endorsing this notification.