Changes in Municipal Garbage and Recycling Pickup
|Sent||Fri, Mar 27 @ 1:01pm|
Due to the high volume of residential garbage pickup currently being experienced by the Municipal garbage hauler, changes have to be made in the things that can be taken. Until further notice, Republic Services, the Township's contracted garbage and recycling hauler, will operate under the following guidelines:
1) Bulk items will not be picked up (chairs, couches, mattresses, etc)
2) Items that are not bagged will not be picked up.
3) Bags that weigh in excess of fifty pounds will not be picked up.
4) Yard waste will not be picked up. Beginning April 1st, yard waste can be placed in the dumpster behind the
municipal building. Grass clippings can be taken to the compost site at Linhart Park.
5) Recyclables that are not in the recycling container will not be picked up. If you need another recycling
container, please call the municipal building (412) 824-6650 x 10.
6) Please remember that Wilkins no longer accepts glass in the recyclable containers.
This notification was posted by Wilkins. Wilkins is solely responsible for this notification and unless specifically indicated, no other community or individual utilizing Savvy Citizen is sponsoring, responsible for, or endorsing this notification.