Code Enforcement - Pools/Hot Tubs
|From||Borough of Crafton|
|Sent||Wed, May 11 @ 1:02pm|
Just a reminder for all residents going into the warmer months: Permits are required for all new pool, spas, and hot tub installations over 24 inches in depth.
Forms & Permits: https://www.craftonborough.com/permits
Other safety precautions per code to remember include:
• All filters should be plugged into a GFCI outlet
• When pool is not in use pull the ladder out (freestanding above ground pools)
• Pools, spas, hot tubs should have a fence or barrier not less than 48inches above the finished ground level measured on the side of the barrier away from the pool
• Gates and doors of such barriers shall be self-closing and self-latching and alarmed
• Pools with decks should have a pool alarm on doors/gates to the deck/pool
• Spas and hot tubs with a safety cover that complies with ASTM F1346 are exempt from all precautions above
Any pool code questions can be directed to our building inspector at 412-921-0752 EXT 18
Have a healthy happy swim season!
Crafton Code Enforcement
This notification was posted by Borough of Crafton. Borough of Crafton is solely responsible for this notification and unless specifically indicated, no other community or individual utilizing Savvy Citizen is sponsoring, responsible for, or endorsing this notification.